The United Nations Sustainable Development Goals (SDG) were brought forth in September 2015 in an effort to tackle the world’s most pressing issues by 2030. The organized list serves as a guide for citizens and organizations looking to drive change.
Here at Supur, we use the UN SDGs as a north star for our social impact campaigns. When developing strategies, we ask: where does this program fit into this widely accepted framework, and how can we use these goals to convey the significance of small campaigns? It is essential that the changemakers of our time – activists, nonprofits, and mission-driven companies – are on the same page, as staying in unison will help achieve these goals by 2030.
The Goals: What are they? What does it take to achieve them?
- No Poverty
- Provide sustainable jobs
- Promote economic equality
- Provide food for those in need
- Better learning through proper nutrition
- Vaccinations and disease prevention
- Proper medical equipment to handle critical health issues
- Necessary school supplies
- Qualified teachers
- Facilities conducive to learning
- Equal opportunity
- Eradicate physical and sexual violence
- Avoid water waste
- Bring clean drinking water where needed
- Protect resources by reducing consumption
- Transition to environmentally friendly resources
- Create meaningful, ethical jobs
- Reduce unemployment
- Basic infrastructure
- Strong foundations for community growth
- Support marginalized and disadvantaged communities
- Create equity by providing equal opportunity
- Cities with opportunities for all
- Sustainable housing and transportation
- Sustainable consumption – reduce, reuse, recycle
- Sustainable manufacturing – ecofriendly materials
- Combat climate change
- Counteract and minimize CO2 emissions
- Keep the oceans clean
- Support marine life
- Combat desertification
- Sustain forests
- Seek justice
- Minimize war, persecution, and conflict
- Collaboration between the private, public, and nonprofit sector
- Active leadership by citizens across the world
To learn more about the UN SDGs, click here.
While we are making progress on these goals, we’ll need even more participation to achieve them by 2030 - that’s why Supur exists.
At Supur, we’re dedicated to working with startups and small businesses on advancing these goals. We harness the power of business to move the needle on today’s most pressing social issues. Additionally, we look to bring our clients a positive ROI on their do-good efforts through multiple strategies. Learn more at supur.us.